Skip to main content

Top 13 Catholic Spirituality Books

Unknown said…
Beginning to Pray by Anthony Bloom. Small in stature and size but a delightful and powerful book. I have given away a few well marked highlighted and underlined copies, and one new one. It is a treasure and easy to read since it takes an essence of prayer, and tells stories to illustrate it. Good for us who fall asleep reading philosophy.

J
My Favorite Catholic Spirituality Books

A Listmania! list by Amanda Rose (Florida)

The list author says: "I am a Catholic convert who was delighted to find the immense and almost secret treasure box of the Church - saints, mysticism, intellectualism, simplicity, common-sense advice, moral values, and a complete array of ways to achieve happiness through Christ. Struggling day by day to remain faithful, accept the love of Christ, act mercifully, and keep moving along the Little Way to Heaven. I write spiritual reflections at www.LittleStepsAlongTheWay.com."

1. Divine Intimacy by Father Gabriel of St. Mary Magdalen
The list author says:
"My favorite book ever! Covering the entire liturgical year, beginning each day’s reading with a short phrase/prayer to help to place oneself into the presence of God. There are two points for meditation, intended to be for two prayer periods, but can be utilized as the Spirit leads you. Ending is a Colloquy provided to carry us through those dry times when we have no feelings to be aroused."

2. Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence: The Secret of Peace and Happiness by Father Jean Baptiste Saint-Jure
The list author says:
"This greatly influenced me and helped me to understand the importance accepting God's will."

3. Story of a Soul: The Autobiography of St. Therese of Lisieux, Third Edition by Therese de Lisieux
The list author says:
"Another favorite I have read through at least twice. St Therese is the inspiration for my blog and my attitude about the importance about taking "little steps" along the way to holiness."

4. Fire Within by Thomas Dubay
The list author says:
"This is the next best thing to having a real life spiritual director! And even if you have a spiritual director, there is much to learn as Fr. Dubay shares tidbits from John of the Cross and Theresa of Avila in ways that we can understand and apply to ourselves."

5. Beginning to Pray by Anthony Bloom
"A treasure!"

6. Catechism of the Catholic Church by U.S. Catholic Church
The list author says:
"A go-to book often off my bookshelf and with reach for reasearch."

7. Mother Angelica: The Remarkable Story of a Nun, Her Nerve, and a Network of Miracles by Raymond Arroyo
"She inspires me!"

8. Mother Angelica's Little Book of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality by Mother M. Angelica
The list author says:
"Wonderful qoutes to inspire."

9. The Road of Hope: A Gospel from Prison by Phanxicô Xaviê V?n Thu?n Nguy?n
The list author says:
"Not a book to read straight through, but many short qoutes organized by topic. These are messages the imprisoned Bishop had smuggled out of prison to nourish his flock."

10. Abandonment to Divine Providence by Jean-Pierre DeCaussade
The list author says:
"More about accepting God's will."

11. Uniformity with God's Will by St. Alphonsus Liguori
The list author says:
"I carried this small booklet around with me for years. There are many marking of my favorite passages despite its short length of just less than 30 pages."

12. The Collected Works of St. John of the Cross by Saint John of the Cross
The list author says:
"I enjoy this translation and found it easier to understand than others I had read."

13. Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska: Divine Mercy in My Soul by St. Maria Faustina Kowalska

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vox Cantoris vs. Aqua

The Catholic Monitor commenter Aqua had this to say to the Vox Cantoris website: Aqua said… Fred, your topic here reminds me of a dust-up, a few days ago, on Vox Cantoris. He asserted that it is our duty as Christians to wear masks to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass if the government tells us we must, or they will close our Churches. My response to him was that I find it inconceivable that an orthodox Catholic, such as himself, would ever submit to unjust dictates from secular government over how we approach Our Lord in Holy Mass. My response to him was that the Mass belongs to Catholics and we decide, within the bounds of Tradition, and in accord with the Word of Jesus, how we conduct ourselves in Holy Mass. Only one authority prevails over Mass and that is our God and the Sacred Tradition given by Him to guide us in all times and places. Understand, there is nothing inherently wrong with wearing a mask to Mass. But there is EVERYTHING wrong with wearing a symbol

Inventor of mRNA Vaccines, Robert W. Malone MD: "'Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò is calling for the creation of an Anti-Globalist Alliance 'under the Cross of Our Lord Jesus Christ, the only King and Savior,' to fight back against the establishment of the New World Order'"

T his is what the inventor of mRNA vaccines, Robert W. Malone MD himself, reported about the vaccines: Robert W Malone, MD @RWMaloneMD "We conclude that the mRNA vacs dramatically increase inflammation on the endothelium and T cell infiltration of cardiac muscle and may account for the observations of increased thrombosis, cardiomyopathy, and other vascular events following vaccination." [https://mobile.twitter.com/RWMaloneMD/status/1462194727407730693]   Moreover, he goes even further and is quoting Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò's call for the creation of an Anti-Globalist Alliance:   Robert W Malone, MD @RWMaloneMD "Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò is calling for the creation of an Anti-Globalist Alliance “under the Cross of Our Lord Jesus Christ, the only King and Savior,” to fight back against the establishment of the New World Order." youtube.com Abp. Viganò calls for Anti-Globalist Alliance to stop global enslav... Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò is calli

"The West Does Not Understand the Extreme Danger from Its Arming of Ukraine The Idiot Biden Regime and Insane Neoconservatives Have the World on the Path to Armegeddon"

Paul Craig Roberts wrote: How Many More Red Lines Can Be Crossed Before Armageddon Arrives? Paul Craig Roberts The Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe published on April 15, 2016, more than six years ago, a report on the torture of Donbass Russians by the Ukrainian military and police forces.   The report documents horrendous torture and it was done out of racial hatred of Russians. You can read the report here:   https://www.osce.org/files/f/documents/e/7/233896.pdf     Few Westerners, being so poorly educated, are aware that Western Ukraine fought for Nazi Germany during World War II.   When Washington overthrew the Ukrainian government in 2014, Washington installed a Nazi government. The Nazi government in Ukraine shelled the Russian residents of the two break-away Donbass republics for 8 years while Washington and NATO trained and equipped a Ukrainian army to retake the breakaway republics. .. ... These statements from Russian leaders indicate that the I